Sunday, September 16, 2007

Beating a Dead (Dark) Horse

It seems that no matter where I go, I can't get away from him.

News print, best seller lists, Internet, talk radio, News TV, and now on every awards show imaginable, there he is.

I am, of course, referring to media darling and former Vice-President, Al Gore.

Now I know that there are those of you out in this vast expanse of cyberspace that hope Al dusts off the proverbial hat and throws it ever so gingerly into the political ring for President this year, but unless he can find a way to hold up Obama and Clinton for the money already given to them, I doubt he'll find the scratch. Oh sure, he'd get close and with some well-placed Chinese donations, he might attain it, but I doubt you'll see him enter, no matter how tempting it is right now. I must admit that I don't see any front runners in either party right now and it might be that fact that would act as blood in the water for the Gore shark.

What I don't think he realizes is that he's getting the ego-stroking of his life by all media outlets in order to make him think about running. For example, I'm watching the Emmys tonight and he accepted an award for Interactive media with TV (forgive me for not knowing the exact name) for his Current TV. Haven't seen it? Surprise, neither have I, nor have many other people. To paint an accurate picture, picture YouTube for a TV audience, although with less shots to the groin, beer pong tournaments, or rare 80's music videos. As a matter of fact, forget all of those and add small shorts sent in by people with a liberal bias talking about the government, the war, and other topics. Sounds like something I need to watch right now! So, factor in that no one watches this channel, add in that no one knows how things get Emmy nominated, and also the largest fact that this category never existed before, and you get Hollywood trying to get Al Gore in the spotlight again.

Personally, I hope Al finally sets these people straight and tells them that, once and for all, he is not running for office anymore. Unfortunately these people haven't gotten over the "inconvenient truth" that Al Gore lost the election in 2000 and a majority of the American people are smart enough to never vote him in as President ever. Hopefully Al wises up soon, realizes he's being pandered, and tells the left once and for all that he's done running. Then we'll see the sad puppy dog faces and tails between the legs as they scurry off, looking for the next best thing. Fortunately for me and this country, I don't think the next best thing is a liberal agenda.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments!!

PS: It's been 3 years since I posted here last, so if I'm a little rusty, take that into account.

No comments: